Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Resounding Success!

That's the way I'd describe the fundraiser that was held tonight. It's really really late, so I'm not going to go into much detail, but let me give you a couple of highlights:
1. The food was delicious - I haven't had that good of Haitian food since I was down at Dixie's house!
2. There were, I think, over 150 people who attended. Many of them had no contact with God's Littlest Angels before this.
3. It was very obvious in talking with people that many of them had their hearts touched by the story of GLA and the "plight" of the orphans in Haiti.

Everything went smoothly, all except for 6 of the auction items sold, and everyone had a great time. We had a really neat band performing that was really special because it was a family band with 3 of the kids being biological and 3 of them adopted from Haiti. Check them out at www.lukehamsandwich.com. Yes, that really is the name of their group, but the reason is because that's quite close to how you'd pronounce their last name! Check it out, they are quite something. I spent a while talking to the Mom and they seem like a really neat family.

I don't know the totals of how much money was raised, but it was a resounding success.....

If you want to consider holding one like this in your area, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Doug Rollings who does this type of thing alot.

No comments: